CellExplorer can be compiled to a CellExplorer.exe and a CellExplorer.app for Windows and Mac respectively. The compiled versions can be used without a Matlab license and without having Matlab installed, but they can also be used independently on a system with Matlab. If Matlab is installed on your system you only need the application (CellExplorer.exe or CellExplorer.app), but if you want to use it on a system without Matlab, you have to use the installer (see the CellExplorer_Installer_web file included with the zip files below).
Follow below direction to compile CellExplorer yourself:
deploytoolIn Matlab’s Command Window.
- Select Application Compiler in the shown dialog.
- In the Application compiler window, Add CellExplorer.m as a main file.
- Add the GUI Layout Toolbox 2.3.4 in the “Files required by your application” section. The toolbox is included with CellExplorer and is located in the toolboxes folder. Matlab will automatically detect other dependencies and add them to the application.
- Now click Package located in the top panel.
- That’s it. A folder with the compiled application will be shown once the compiling completes. You can now run the compiled CellExplorer application on a system without a Matlab installation or license.
- If you use these files on a new system, you need to use the installer (MyAppInstaller_web) that is generated when compiling CellExplorer.